Fractal ICU is an interactive fractal explorer to create and study the Mandelbrotset and Juliasets. Due to the new and easy handling of color settings the possibilities to create artistic designs with Fractal ICU are virtually unlimited. For the inquisitive mind the Julia Explorer with its animation Journey at the edge of chaos and the dynamic performance created when zooming in or out or by shifting, adds an additional thrill.
As extras Fractal ICU offers a function to print the first ten images of a fractallist as visiting cards (only available in the registered version) and the possibility to let automatically create a gallery in HTML.
- Creating a Juliaset with the center of the active image as constant
- Creating a Juliaset with a point chosen by mouse-click as the constant
- Self-acting generation of Juliasets at the edge of chaos
- Zooming in on any given part of a picture using the mouse in the display and the navigator
- Moving an image using the mouse or the arrow keys
- Centering the image at the point selected by mouse-click
- Adding a reticle to indicate the center of the image displayed
- Undo to recover previous images
- Redo to recover following images
- Automatic animation of the color gradient
- Step-by-step manual animation of the color gradient
- Automatic creation of galleries in HTML using fractal lists
- Saving images either as PNG, GIF, BMP or JPG in the size chosen by you with the option to save them simultaneously as thumbnails
Additional features of the registered version:
- Saving the coordinates and color settings of fractals in lists. A list can contain any number of fractals.
- Saving your individual color gradients in lists with the same features as in the fractal lists
- Printing images and visiting cards
The following conditions are accepted by users of this program:
BECKMANN Software Entwicklung authorizes all its users to run Fractal ICU on an arbitrary number of computers and pass on copies of the original file FractalICU.zip as long as these conditions of use are strictly adhered to, in particular the clauses of paragraph 2.
All rights not specified here (under this conditions) are reserved by BECKMANN Software Entwicklung . In particular the user of this program is prohibited under the copyright law to make changes to the program
and/or the files thereof, mentioned in the ReadMe.txt, or to re-convert the program (de-compile it, dissassemble it, etc.).
Fractal ICU may exclusively be used for private urpose. Any commercial use of this program is strictly forbidden. You are not allowed to sell images, visiting cards and HTML-galleries created with Fractal ICU.
3. Exemption from liability
BECKMANN Software Entwicklung ensures that at the time of release no program bugs were known. A completely fault free program, however, cannot be guaranteed at the present state of technology. BECKMANN Software Entwicklung can not be held liable for any harm caused by the use of Fractal ICU
except if intent or gross negligence on the side of BECKMANN Software Entwicklung can be proven.
4. Final clauses
Should one of the clauses of the conditions for use, as a whole or in part, be or become void, or should a loophole in these conditions occur that needs adjustment, the legal effect does not apply to the other clauses in these conditions. Ineffective clauses shall be replaced by effective regulations, which best fits the here declared intention of BECKMANN Software Entwicklung . This also applies to loopholes in the conditions.
Fractal Miner FREE An interactive multithreaded fractal renderer written in C++ using QT4 and OpenGL. Download
Apophysis FREE Apophysis is a windows application made in delphi for creating, editing and rendering fractal flames. Fractal flame is an extension on the IFS fractal. Download
Fractal View FREE Fractal View is a fractal viewing application used for exploration of common fractal sets. It runs in fullscreen, supports four different fractal sets, has 22 different color palettes, saves in png format, does antialiasing, and zooms in all sets. Download